Live chat

Infringements — payments or objections

Infringements are issued by Council Officers for various offences.

A listing of fees and charges is available for infringements, animal registrations and permits.

Payment of infringements

Payment of Council infringements can be made in the following ways:

  • online at Payments online
  • by telephone on 1300 370 717 - Visa or Mastercard only
  • at any of our Service Centres by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card.

Note: Payment by telephone and online will be available for individual infringements after 2 full business days from the date of issue of the infringement.

Payment plans

You have the right to apply to pay the penalty specified in the infringement under a payment plan. You must apply to do so before this notice is registered with the Court or the Children's Court.

To apply or obtain further information about eligibility for payment plans, please contact Council on 1300 88 22 33, in person at our Service Centres, or in writing using the following form to PO Box 156, Ringwood, 3134.

PDF  Payment Plan Application form (PDF, 28Kb)

Word  Payment Plan Application form (Doc, 225Kb)

Objection to infringements

Infringements Act 2006 - Infringements (Reporting and Prescribed Details and Forms) Regulations 2006

The infringement penalty must be paid by the due date. Failure to pay the infringement penalty by the due date may result in further enforcement action being taken and the incurring of further costs.

If you wish to apply to have the infringement notice internally reviewed by Maroondah City Council, you or a person acting on your behalf may do so by applying to the following address:

Local Laws
Maroondah City Council
PO Box 156
Ringwood VIC 3134

A written objection providing your full name and postal address and infringement details must be received by the Maroondah City Council before the Due Date as shown on the front of the infringement notice, outlining the reasons you believe that special consideration should be given. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your objection within 10 working days.

You may elect to have the matter heard and determined in a court at any time before an enforcement order is made. Please notify Council in writing immediately if you wish to have the matter determined in a court.

 Objection to parking infringement notice (PDF, 42kb)

Word Objection to parking infringement notice (Doc, 201kb)

Special circumstances

Have you got an unpaid fine, but have special circumstances? (conditions apply - please refer to attached information)

  Special Circumstances (Doc, 127Kb)

PDF  Special Circumstances (PDF, 160Kb)

Nomination Statement or Application for Action by Court 

To nominate the driver of a vehicle or to request that the matter be determined by a Magistrate, please complete the Nomination Statement or Application for Action by Court form and return the document to Council.

PDF  Nomination Statement or Application for Action by Court (PDF, 1318Kb)

Word  Nomination Statement or Application for Action by Court (Doc, 153Kb)

Main Navigation